In this episode, Dr Nirala Jacobi is in conversation with Dr Christopher Shade.
Dr Shade is the CEO and founder of Quicksilver Scientific, a lab that specialises in the environmental, biological, and analytical chemistry of mercury and all of its forms, and its interaction with sulphur compounds, particularly glutathione, and its enzyme systems.
Dr Jacobi met Dr Shade at the Bioceuticals Research Symposium in Sydney, 2017, and was riveted by his presentation on detoxification.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The liver, gallbladder, and GI connection, and how to align them so as to clear gastrointestinal issues.
- How failure to move bile is at the heart of detox reactions
- Bile as a detergent in the small intestine and how bile can be a core issue in SIBO.
- Bile acid destruction and fat malabsorption in SIBO.
- Emunctories and what this means.
Listen to the entire conversation at The SIBO Doctor Podcast Episode 17.